We’re recruiting a forward-looking Cloud Architect who can combine technical thought leadership with the leadership skills to drive strategy and adoption of a variety of cloud-based solutions. Working as part of the Infrastructure and Security Architecture team, the successful candidate will have knowledge of both disciplines with deep expertise in at least one of them. Experience of delivering enterprise-scale solutions on private and public clouds is expected, together with the hunger and curiosity to keep their skills and knowledge up-to-date as the industry continues to transform. The role is not a hands-on role, but you need to work closely with our engineering and operations teams to ensure your strategy and architecture delivers the outcomes we are seeking.
This role is not just about technical skills, the ability to command the respect of and provide leadership to stakeholders from across the organisation is absolutely critical. We expect you to be able to view problems from many different perspectives and create architectural strategies and solutions that are not only technically sound but also include regulatory, commercial and organisational aspects when appropriate. We are looking for leaders, not managers, who produce their own deliverables and can lead others without direct authority.
You’ll bring the skills and passion to lead us further along our cloud journey… and we’ll bring opportunities on a scale not many organisations can match. So if being a part of this journey appeals and you have the cloud architecture experience we’re seeking then get in touch, we have got a challenge for you.
- Subject matter expert for public and private cloud deployments with a deep and broad knowledge of multiple technologies and providers.
- Programme shaping and architecture for key strategic programmes.
- Delivery of High-Level Architecture artefacts describing principles and standards to be adopted across the enterprise together with the future strategy and roadmaps.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Transformation delivery teams to architect, design and delivery capability.
- Collaborate with delivery teams to shape cloud adoption.
- Understand industry trends and vendor offerings to ensure LBG strategy and roadmaps capitalise on opportunities